What Is A Remote Receptionist?
Remote receptionists offer a personalized answering and scheduling service that is vital for many businesses. That said, keeping an in-house receptionist is not always practical or cost-effective. Additionally, many industries are moving toward a virtual or remote workforce to cut costs, while still keeping up with the increasing demands of consumers. A remote receptionist service can help transform your business and offer high-quality customer service without breaking the bank.
However, many business owners and decision-makers question whether remote receptionist services are right for them. Every business is unique, so it’s important to do your own research and figure out if your business could benefit from a remote receptionist. To help you in your research, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of acquiring a remote receptionist service for your business.
Why A Remote Receptionist Is Critical To Your Business
With an in-house, full-time receptionist, you’re limited to answering phone calls during business hours. Alternatively, a remote receptionist service gives you the flexibility to engage with customers at any hour, day or night. This way, you don’t need to worry about playing “phone tag” with your clients. More importantly, you don’t have to worry about customers or clients giving up entirely. Almost a third of calls that go straight to voicemail or similar automated processes get dropped. With a remote receptionist, you eliminate this problem entirely.
Maintaining an in-house receptionist requires ongoing costs like training, salary, benefits, office space, as well as equipment and software maintenance. These expenses add up quickly, adding unnecessary costs and taking away from your ability to grow your business. With an affordable virtual receptionist, these costs are greatly reduced. You can run a thorough cost-benefit analysis of remote receptionist pricing to see how much you would save in the long-term. Generally, the costs of a remote receptionist service are far lower than hiring and maintaining a full-time receptionist.
Higher Customer Satisfaction
Receptionists (remote or otherwise) add a personal touch that is lost with automated services like voicemail. Forming personal, human connections with your customers not only improves your overall customer service, but it also helps form long-lasting business relationships. A remote receptionist allows your customers to speak with a real person, increasing loyalty and trust in your business. Additionally, speaking with a live person reduces the risk of miscommunications or messages getting “lost in translation” via automated processes.
Answering calls and scheduling meetings is a vitally important part of most business operations. Unfortunately, a high call volume can send many incoming calls to voicemail. When calls go directly to voicemail, it brings your business operations to a halt. A remote receptionist can screen calls, schedule appointments and even personally deal with minor issues. Most importantly, a remote receptionist can forward incoming calls to the correct department or individual at your business without any delays.
When you pass your receptionist duties off to a third-party, it takes one more responsibility off your team's plate. As long as you choose a high-quality remote receptionist service, you can relax knowing that your customers are being handled by a trained professional. Maintaining additional staff for receptionist services can be both costly and time-consuming. A remote receptionist gives you more time and money to focus on the rest of your business.
How Remote Receptionists Help Businesses Scale
Nexa live remote receptionists work as an extension of your business with around the clock call answering, appointment scheduling and more. There are several advantages to deciding to go with a remote receptionist service that offers call answering, including scaling your business's operations, sales and marketing efforts.
Nexa’s remote receptionists deliver premium service because of their industry-specific training that teaches them the ins and outs of your business. With Nexa, every interaction with callers is seamless and you scale up staffing quickly with little onboarding. Plus, you decrease overhead costs and tighten overall operations because you eliminate the need to hire, train and onboard in-house staff.
Maximize Marketing Investment
If you’re marketing your business on a large scale, you will have a large-scale response. But without the right amount of staff to field this influx of calls and queries, you miss out on those leads and lose the money you invested. Partnering with Nexa's virtual receptionists maximizes your marketing investment because we provide the expert staff to handle that increase in phone calls, emails, chat and text queries, and web form submissions so that you’re capturing every lead and converting the best opportunities into new business.
With the help of Nexa’s remote receptionists, you can capture more leads and convert more clients by scaling your marketing efforts to attract the right customers and seize every opportunity that comes your way. Plus, you reach a larger audience in a shorter amount of time when you’re setup to promptly and effectively communicate with prospects. In turn, this can generate more revenue and increase conversion rates while building long-lasting brand loyalty.
Boost Sales and Revenue
Nexa's remote receptionists can help you scale your business, boost sales and increase customer loyalty. Many companies rely on new leads for potential revenue, but we can’t forget the impact of building customer loyalty and looking for creative ways to cross-sell and upsell your existing customers. At Nexa, our inbound & outbound sales services leverage our remote receptionists to capture, qualify and convert leads that come through the phone, chat, text, email and more, but we also offer outbound calling campaigns to resurrect lost leads and improve client retention. All of these efforts work toward generating more revenue and increasing conversion rates.
Having a remote receptionist in place to filter your calls saves you time and sends only the most qualified leads your way. As a result, your team can spend more time on the work that matters most to them instead of managing every sales prospect that dials your number. In short, Nexa's remote receptionist staff is equipped to identify and act on high-quality leads that can boost your overall conversion rates.
Through their fast response times and prompt customer support, Nexa agents assure that no business opportunity is missed, all while increasing productivity, and decreasing staffing and operating costs.
The Benefits Of Using A Live Remote Receptionist vs. An Automated Service
There are many factors in determining how to best run your business. However, when deciding between a remote receptionist or automated receptionist, the answer is pretty obvious. Remote receptionists offer high-level customer service and perform in a uniform and efficient fashion. That’s not to say that automated services don’t have their place—they can be very helpful for simple, impersonal and non-layered engagements. But bots often lack the empathy and problem-solving skills needed to resolve any issue beyond standard question-and-response.
More Satisfied Customers
Using a remote receptionist service shows your consumers that you value personal connections. Having a remote receptionist can ease frustrated callers who can quickly get irritated with an automated service. Many times, it takes way too long for the customer to reach the proper department. With a live human answering their call, customers are more likely to stay calm and are more satisfied with getting the support they need. This system will help in the long run by creating customer trust and brand loyalty, which can go a long way in improving revenue.
Unlike automated receptionists, the remote receptionist team at Nexa works directly with you to create scripts and processes that make our receptionists sound as if they are in-house employees. So, when a customer or business person calls in, they will think they are speaking directly to someone in your office. There is no room for missed calls or uniformed staff in business. Nexa aims to guarantee that every call is answered 24/7 and qualified leads are converted quickly. By streamlining your services, you can eliminate error and confusion, and in turn, boost overall company success.
Increase Company Productivity
It is common for small businesses, for example, to rely on their staff to handle receptionist duties. However, this can become time-consuming and keeps your team from performing their primary job functions. A remote receptionist can take on those responsibilities so that your team can focus on big-ticket items. A remote receptionist service leaves the customer service calls to the trained professionals. At the mid-market or enterprise level, a remote receptionist provider can provide extra support needed to scale quickly and cost-effectively.
Working with a remote receptionist service gives you the time to sharpen your craft while still never missing a customer call or new business opportunity. It also offers more customized options than an automated answering service, like bilingual services that guarantee your customer has a hassle-free experience. The customization of live remote receptionists ensures every call is handled the way you would want.
So, what are the biggest takeaways when comparing a live remote receptionist to an automated service? With a remote receptionist, you won't lose the personal touch of a real, live voice on the other end of the line. While at the same time, you won't have to decrease the quality of your services. Nexa's team is highly trained and ready to solve any matter at any time of day—all in all, a win-win for the business and customer.
Choosing The Right Remote Receptionist Provider For Your Business
Once you’ve decided to transform your business with a remote receptionist provider, you will need to choose a company that can meet your specific needs. It may be tempting to go with a cheap virtual receptionist provider, but the low price might come at the cost of quality service. Why spend money on a low-quality receptionist that could end up driving business away?
When you hire the services of a remote receptionist provider, they become a virtual representative for your business. Choosing the right remote receptionist service will help you maintain the high standards of your business and build new customer and B2B relationships. Fortunately, Nexa provides professional remote receptionists round-the-clock support to keep your business running smoothly.
Why Work With Nexa?
There are dozens of remote receptionist providers on the market, but few can compare with the high-quality service and versatility of Nexa. Here are just a few of the advantages of choosing a Nexa remote receptionist:
- Industry-Specific Solutions. No matter what kind of business you’re running or managing, we have a remote receptionist service to meet your needs—for businesses of all sizes.
- Professionally-Trained Staff. All of Nexa’s remote receptionists are trained to provide the best possible scheduling and answering services. Our employees undergo a rigorous training process that includes industry-specific courses. Additionally, our quality assurance team provides regular feedback to continuously improve our services.
- 24/7/365 Live Coverage. Our remote receptionist service is perfect for businesses that need to handle customer inquiries at all hours. Businesses of all types and sizes can benefit from 24/7 live coverage for customers who need assistance outside of your regular operating hours.
- High Conversion Rates. In addition to their standard training and industry-specific courses, Nexa receptionists are also taught how to identify qualified leads and prospects. Having a professional, knowledgeable Nexa receptionist answering your phones will ultimately lead to higher conversion rates and more revenue for your business.
- Omni-Channel Presence. In addition to remote receptionist services, Nexa provides people-powered live chat and text messaging, which is designed to turn website traffic into paying customers and meet customers wherever they are. Combined with remote receptionist and call answering, live chat and text messaging has been shown to increase conversion rates up to 40% in some cases.
- Integrations. Nexa’s remote receptionists are trained to fit into your workflow. We use industry-leading technology to bring valuable data to you in real-time and integrate with your chosen software for total efficiency. Our goal is to help you make smart, data-backed business decisions.
- Bilingual Support. Nexa offers bilingual remote receptionists to communicate with customers who require assistance in both Spanish or English. This helps break down barriers with your customers, potentially expanding your business to new markets and demographics.
Nexa has already answered millions of calls for businesses of all shapes and sizes. In addition to scheduling appointments and forwarding important calls, our services have helped generate more than $100 million in client revenue. So, if you’re interested in acquiring a remote receptionist service that can help transform and grow your business, there’s no better solution than Nexa.
Do I Need My Remote Receptionist Provider To Be Near Me?
Not in this day and age! The beauty of digital transformation is that you can now hire almost any business service provider based on skills, expertise and budget rather than location. This is the case when it comes to finding a remote receptionist. Now, you can shop around for a remote receptionist that’s trained in your industry, has the staff and resources to scale as you need it to, and has technological capabilities that are matched to your industry and preferred platforms—no matter if they’re down the street or halfway across the country.
At Nexa, we have locations in Arizona, California and Texas, plus remote staff, so we service customers in any and all geographies. This creates an immense advantage for Nexa customers who used to be relegated only to local receptionist providers that didn’t have all the advanced integrations or ability to provide 24/7 coverage that Nexa does. Whether you’re located near a Nexa office or not, as a customer, you’ll still get complete access to our capabilities, including:
- Remote receptionist and appointment scheduling: Our 24/7/365 remote receptionist service is powered by real people, expert agents trained to handle customer questions and concerns just like you would. Leave calls and appointments to us—so you can focus on what matters.
- Inbound and outbound sales services: Sales professionals work to boost conversion rates without increasing overhead. Maximize efficiency and revenue with lead qualification, inbound sales services and outbound sales calling campaigns—creating brand loyalty every step of the way.
- People-powered live chat: The easiest way to empower growth without adding to your overhead, our people-powered live chat service keeps your business running smoothly while converting web traffic into happy—and paying—customers.
- People-powered live text: Your customers text, so should your business. Nexa live text allows you to communicate with your customers wherever they are. Improve lead conversion and customer experiences without lifting a finger.
- Client & patient intake services: The intake process is important, but it can be tedious for new clients and patients. For you and them. Accelerate your intake process to supercharge your practice, save time and create a streamlined process.
- Integrations: We fit into your workflow. Nexa uses industry-leading technology to bring valuable data to you in real-time and integrate with your chosen software for total efficiency. We’ll send call, chat, text and client data directly to you so that you can make empowered business decisions quickly.
Which Industries Get The Most Benefits From A Remote Receptionist?
All of them. If you’re a business with customers, you’re a business that benefits from hiring a remote receptionist. Here are just a few of the industries that we specialize in here at Nexa:
- Home Services: Whether it’s 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning, customers come to you when they need you most. Make sure there’s always someone available to help at any time of day or night—even holidays.
- Healthcare: Your callers are patients and caretakers, not clients or sales leads. Speed, accuracy and sensitivity are essential to a positive interaction. Provide an attentive and empathetic experience with our HIPAA-compliant service offerings, powered by real people.
- Legal: Divorce and DUI’s don’t just happen 8 to 5, Monday through Friday. Create an impeccable client experience and capture every lead with our highly-skilled and empathetic agents trained to handle sensitive matters with competence and professionalism.
- Real Estate: You work when your clients need you—nights and weekends, too. Qualify leads, schedule showings and move more listings with an expert who works as hard as you do.
- Retail & eCommerce: Brands with a well-defined omni-channel service experience have a customer retention rate of 91%. Meet shoppers where they are and exceed ever-changing consumer expectations to grow revenue.
Remote Receptionist FAQ’s
What can a remote receptionist do for my business?
A remote receptionist improves customer experience by making your business available 24/7. If a customer wants to call at a time or on a day when your business is usually closed, it’s not a problem. A remote receptionist will be ready to pick up the phone and answer questions, schedule meetings, take down messages and much more.
What makes the best remote receptionist?
A good remote receptionist answers phones and fulfills the basic responsibilities of an in-house receptionist. However, the best remote receptionists go beyond basic phone answering services. They help your business cultivate lasting relationships with customers and acts as a warm, professional voice for your company.
What is the best remote receptionist service on the market?
Looking for the best remote receptionist service? Look no further than Nexa. We provide remote receptionists for dozens of different industries, including home services, legal, real estate, healthcare, e-commerce and retail, among others. All of our remote receptionists are trained to provide high-quality, reliable services that will make a lasting impression with your customers and help grow your revenue.